The Cedar Valley Region has seen tremendous growth of the Information Technology Sector over the last decade. The Region’s has the physical and intellectual infrastructure to help support the future growth of this industry cluster.
- In 2014, there were 4,246 workers in the Information Technology Cluster in the Cedar Valley.
- Custom Computer Programming Services is the largest industry group within the Information Technology Cluster accounting for over 28% of total cluster employment.
- IT workers are employed in many industries outside the Information Technology Cluster. There were 10,277 workers in Information Technology occupations in the Cedar Valley Region Labor Market in 2014.
- Social networking events to support Cedar Valley’s IT workforce and local University Students including “1 Million Cups” & “Open Cup” programming, “jelly” co-working space and CoderDojo events throughout the year.
- Speeds of one to ten gigabits per second available immediately scalable to speeds up to 100-gigabit broadband fiber.
- End-to-end broadband reliability. Through fully diverse fiber routes, your Cedar Valley location has one-hop connections to the world’s three largest Internet providers.
- Developed shovel ready sites in corporate office parks and available properties.
IT Companies in the Cedar Valley Region
Jack Henry/Profit Star (focus on behavior-driven banking)
TAC10 (web-based law enforcement software for sheriff & police departments)
Williams Interactive / Phantom EFX (game developer and publisher of interactive card and casino entertainment titles)
DISTek Integration, Inc. (computer systems company, specializing in embedded systems programming)
HowFactory (collaborative work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) software)
One Neck IT Solutions (tier III data center)
Top 10 IT Occupations in the Cedar Valley
|IT Occupation||# of Jobs||Hourly Wage|
|Software Developers, Applications||1,856||$35.60|
|Software Developers, System Software||1,148||$41.96|
|Computer and Information Systems Managers||967||$57.78|
|Network and Computer Systems Managers||849||$30.06|
|Computer User Support Specialists||759||$19.22|
|Computer Network Support Specialists||497||$23.41|
|Data Entry Keyers||443||$15.39|