The Region’s location along the Avenue of the Saints connecting Minneapolis/St. Paul and St. Louis and is one of the Midwest’s fastest growing logistics corridors.
- Central US location within 500 miles of 23% of the nation’s population and 1-2 days delivery time of major business centers.
- Location along I-218/380 north/south; U.S. Hwy 20 east are interstate highways connecting to I-35 and I-80 and markets in U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- Canadian National, Union Pacific and Iowa Northern railroads
- Waterloo Regional Airport and Eastern Iowa Airport.
- Developed industrial sites for new construction in city-owned industrial parks and area office parks. This coupled with aggressive local incentives reduce a company’s start-up expenses. Site infrastructure includes fiber broadband service.
- In 2014, Cedar Valley Region employment in the Logistics Sector was 15,602 people or 4% of the total labor market, which is higher than the percentage for the entire U.S. (3.3%).
Logistics/Distribution Companies in the Cedar Valley Region:
- Target Corporation
- Bossard International
- Ferguson Enterprises
- Ryder Integrated Logistics
- Denso International
- New Hampton Transfer & Storage
- Olderog Wholesale Tires
- Standard Distribution
- Crystal Distribution
“We’re located in the center of northeast Iowa’s food production belt. The food products we handle come from surrounding area and from the north -- Minnesota and Wisconsin. These goods flow down the Avenue of the Saints, through us, and then further on to markets south of us.
“We are an excellent location for access to all Midwestern cities as well as east and west coast. We also export product all over the world.”
Tom Poe, President, Crystal Distribution Services