Welcome to the Cedar Valley!
The Cedar Valley is:
The Cedar Valley of Iowa is the area within a 25-30-mile radius from the center of Waterloo and Cedar Falls. This is an area where routine economic interactions occur daily. It is the economic area in which people commute to work, business supplies and services are sourced, we shop and seek health care services. The edges of the area are irregular and change depending on the product or service.
We are proud to represent a robust region which offers:
- A thriving business and employment center – The Waterloo/Cedar Falls metro is ranked 29th for leading locations for economic and job growth (Source: Area Development), and Forbes named Waterloo the #10 small U.S. city where businesses and careers thrive;
- Access to superior healthcare providers, as well as two Blue Zones recognized communities;
- Shopping and cultural amenities – featuring nationally recognized downtown districts, 5 performing art venues, and 100+ miles of looped recreation trails (named Iowa’s Outstanding Tourism Attraction of the Year);
- Innovative school systems, plus seven higher education institutions. The Cedar Valley is the only place in the world to implement Franklin Covey’s Leader in Me program in all of our schools;
- Six higher education institutions;
- Home to one of the nation’s first Gigabit cities;
Cost of living sits 11.2% BELOW the national average;
Find our Cost of Living calculator here.
- Average commute is only 15.8 minutes!
The Cedar Valley offers a multitude of community festivals and cultural attractions sure to engage a variety of interests. From NCAA collegiate sports to Broadway shows and symphonies to outdoor recreation to vibrant varied shopping and entertainment districts – your after-hours options are diverse!
There are also numerous volunteer and networking opportunities. The Cedar Valley is recognized as one of the top volunteering locations in Iowa.
- Cedar Valley Community Fact Sheet
- Cedar Valley Economic Indicators
- Conventions & Tourism
- Community Events Calendar
- Downtowns & Districts / Redevelopment
- Higher Education
- K-12 Education
- Health Care
- Recreation & Activity Opportunities
- Cedar Valley Trails
- Work the Valley Job Board
Get the full picture at livethevalley.com!