Small Business & Start Up Resources
Forbes named Waterloo as the #10 small U.S. city where business and careers thrive. Forbes recognized the region's broad industrial economic base, along with our strong cultural and educational resources.
The Cedar Valley's innovative start-up culture and support from veteran serial entrepreneurs make the Cedar Valley an excellent environment to launch a new business adventure.
CoWorking & Makerspace
Two locations in the Cedar Valley offer co-working office space with more on the way throughout the Cedar Valley Region.
Mill Race CoWorking
Additionally, the Makerspace at TechWorks Campus offers inventors access to machinery and equipment to transform ideas into products.
Cedar Valley Makerspace
All spaces offer high-speed fiber connectivity. For more information contact Greater Cedar Valley Alliance & Chamber 319-232-1156.
Networking & Social Groups
The Cedar Valley has an array of space, networking groups, and events to connect likeminded entrepreneurs and create synergies.
- Startup Drinks
- TechBrew Cedar Valley
- Cedar Valley Creatives
- Dream Big Grow Here
- Startup Weekend
- Pitch n Grow
- 1 Million Cups/Open Coffee
Resources & Support Services
- Greater Cedar Valley Alliance & Chamber - Business Services
- TechWorks Campus - Solutions Services
- Center for Business Growth and Innovation
- John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
- Strategic Marketing Services
- UNI Innovation Incubator
- Iowa Business Concierge at UNI
- Iowa Waste Reduction Center
- Iowa Small Business Development Center
- Advance Iowa
- Metal Casting Center