Value in the Valley
Create Value in the Valley when you increase your local purchasing by 5%
The Alliance & Chamber is asking your business to pledge to shift at least 5% of your buying to Cedar Valley suppliers and service providers, to give preference to local vendors, and to always consider local sources first in buying decisions.
The economic impact of buying local is great!
Potential Economic Impact
New Jobs in the
Spending local creates jobs right here in the Cedar Valley. The wages paid return to the Cedar Valley. A few more ways local purchases make a big impact:
- Spending local fuels the economy when businesses do business with other local companies.
- Spending local improves the quality and variety of vendor choices.
- Spending local helps keep local businesses in business. They pay taxes that provide public services: safety, roads, and schools.
- Spending local helps to raise property values and reduce the number of empty storefronts. Lively, vibrant neighborhood shopping streets are considered an advantage when selling a home.
- Strengthen the Cedar Valley. Local businesses are owned by people who live in your town, go to your church or synagogue, donate to local animal shelters, coach Little League teams. When you spend money here, it stays here, to support the high quality of life enjoyed in the Cedar Valley.
- And there are more . . . See the infographic here.
Value in the Valley benefits extend beyond purchases. Building relationships with local suppliers, services, and professionals leads to sharing of resources, best practices, and referrals. It shapes our area by improving the quality and competitiveness of businesses and fosters innovation and entrepreneurialism.
Join these Alliance & Chamber investors in taking the pledge to shift 5%.
- The Accel Group
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa
- Cedar Falls Community Main Street
- Cedar Falls Food Co-op
- Community Bank & Trust
- Larry K. Fox & Associates-Ameriprise Financial Services
- Lincoln Savings Bank
- National Wrestling Hall of Fame Don Gable Museum
- Palace Clothiers
- University Book & Supply
Promote Your Business!
Home for the Holidays is a seasonal campaign to support Cedar Valley retailers during the holiday shopping season. Request a Home for the Holidays logo to display at your business or on your website. You can also drive traffic to your business this holiday season by uploading a coupon to our website.
We will promote the coupons in the Extra weekly email. The coupon will be accessible through your listing on the Investor Directory and on Special Values in the Valley. This is a free benefit available exclusively to Alliance & Chamber investors.
"There is real value in doing business face to face, with a handshake, and knowing the person who will stand behind the promise and provide service beyond the sale.”
– Tim Godfrey, Witham Auto Centers
“The Cedar Valley thrives when we keep the local dollars local. It keeps people employed and we all prosper. It is a win-win deal."
– Dave Krejchi, Dalton Plumbing Heating & Cooling, Inc.
“There are resources for practically everything in the Cedar Valley if you simply look.”
– Catherine Mayfield, Event Connect
"We try to source as much local product as possible. It gives our guests a better experience, provides a fresher product, plus it supports businesses in our community."
– Jill Mejia, Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo
*Economic Modeling Specialist International (EMSI) data analysis by the University of Northern Iowa Center for Business Growth and Innovation in collaboration with MidAmerican Energy February 2016.