Whether your business is in year 50 or just starting up, it’s our business to support companies of the Cedar Valley through our portfolio of business services. As a “customer service agent” for your business, we are here to connect you to resources for business solutions in workforce, finance, real estate, government, market intelligence, supply chain and more.
Cedar Valley Business Connect
- BEST of the Cedar Valley of Iowa – is a region-wide program carried out by local economic development professionals to manage business retention and expansion (BR|E) data.
- Business Education – is a local link to information on timely business topics. The events give attendees instant access to “do it now” business growth tools.
- CEO Roundtable – Breakfast is an opportunity for attendees (CEOs, COOs, and CFOs) to gain valuable insight into current business issues.
- Incentives and Project Management – helping your firm identify and quantify available incentives and programs, and managing the process with agencies and governments when your firm is ready to grow.
- Manufacturing Day Tours – To promote awareness of careers in manufacturing, engineering, and skilled trades, to over 1,000 9th-grade students who take a bus tour of a manufacturing facility to see the 21st-century technology first hand.
- Midwest IPI – Marketable Intellectual Property available to grow your firm and world class talent for short-term projects.
- Northeast Iowa Manufacturing Conference – Manufacturing leaders gather and discuss issues important to industry, including talent development and recruitment, best practices in management and leadership and new technology and innovations.
- Supporting Retailers – Through Buy Local Campaigns, Investor to Investor Discounts.
- Annual Celebration & Awards – The annual celebration has one major theme: recognition of individuals, businesses, and organizations.
- Golf Classic – Network in a relaxed atmosphere with Alliance & Chamber investors, community leaders, and potential clients.
- Good Morning Cedar Valley – Quarterly networking breakfast informing investors of current issues.
- New Investor Briefings – An opportunity to learn about the value of the Alliance & Chamber investment and to network with other new investors.
- Power Networking – Build your prospect list with 50 new business contacts in just 90 minutes with a one-minute commercial.
- Strictly Business Expo – The business expo is an opportunity for investors to showcase products and/or services.
- TechBrew – Networking opportunity for entrepreneurs, technologists, business people and funders.
- For the dates and times check out the calendar of events.
- Business Education Events - International Trade
- Startup & Entrepreneur links and resources here
Cedar Valley Talent Connect
- Cedar Valley Campus – working with our Cedar Valley colleges and universities to increase attractiveness, services, and value to pursuing higher education in the Cedar Valley.
- Cedar Valley Diversity & Inclusion – this initiative focuses on the importance, impact and benefits to business of effective diversity and inclusion practices. A summit and two multicultural receptions are held annually.
- Cedar Valley Leadership Institute – Increasing knowledge and skills of emerging business and civic leaders through monthly professional development days focusing on economic development, government relations, and diversity.
- Live the Valley Networking & Communications – Creating more opportunities for young talented professionals to meet with employers and learn more about the Cedar Valley.
- Talent Connect Job Fairs – Matching you with new talent for today’s openings.
- Talent Tells All Panel Events – Great feedback for your firm to learn what talented people are seeking in an employer and workplace.
- Work the Valley Tours and Events – Helping students and placement teams know more about the Cedar Valley and career opportunities.
- Leader Valley
- Implementing Leader In Me in Cedar Valley K-12 schools to employ the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People in the classroom.
- Working to increase use of basic and advanced virtual reality techniques in teaching problem-solving in secondary schools.
- Convening the vital discussion between business and education.
Cedar Valley Region of Iowa
To expand the base of business and institutional investment, delivering opportunities for business locations to our Cedar Valley cities.
- Promoting the Cedar Valley of Iowa as a location for businesses in targeted sectors, complementing our strong base in advanced manufacturing and related services, product based information technologies, health care and higher education technologies and bio-based products and services.
- Working in tandem with our local partners throughout the Cedar Valley economic area to deliver a unified message about the attributes and advantages of expanding a business here.
Competitiveness & Amenities
- Broadband – encouraging true gigabit access and capability to the entire Cedar Valley.
- Air Service – increasing and strengthening commercial air service schedules and options at the Waterloo Regional Airport.
- Industrial rail service
Business & Economic Information
- Data about the businesses and economic conditions of the Cedar Valley is available at through the Cedar Valley Data Portal.
- Extensive surveying to discover opportunities for and barriers to growth in the Cedar Valley.
Cedar Valley Government Relations
- Annual business and civic priorities agenda.
- Networking and forums with elected government officials regarding business issues.